Resources for Clinics
National PKU News and HowMuchPhe.org provide several resources to help support your clinic's efforts to keep patients on diet and motivated to keep themselves healthy. These include:
HowMuchPhe.org helps your patients stay on track
HowMuchPhe.org helps you work with your patients to promote diet compliance, accurate tracking, and easy record-keeping.
Order cards View sample
Benefits for Your Clinic
- Easy to read electronic (or printable) diet records
- Saves staff time calculating patient intake
- Provides transparency on what foods patients are eating
- Compatible with phe/pro/exchange management
- Blood levels in µmol/L or mg/dL
- Simplified diet support coming soon
Help patients in need access this valuable resource
- Your clinic, hospital, foundation or support organization can purchase pre-paid debit cards good for a 1-year subscription to HowMuchPhe.org
- Keep cards in stock or request them when you need them; We'll send them directly to you in accordance with HIPAA
- Patients sign up using their own email address & contact information
Pocket Guides, customized with data from HowMuchPhe.org
How Much Phe: The Baby Book, a companion to HowMuchPhe.org specially designed for those 2 years old and under, includes phe/pro/exchange and calorie data for more than 500 baby foods, and data for 250 additional foods that were most often consumed by HowMuchPhe.org users under age 2. It also includes a general introduction to PKU and tips for introducing table foods to infants and promoting a healthy and diverse diet. National PKU News is providing this book free of charge to all newborns with PKU. Click on ORDER to request them for your clinic.
How Much Phe: The Essentials is a pocket guide to phe values for foods common on the PKU diet. It contains data on fruits and vegetables, fast food, and the most commonly-viewed foods on HowMuchPhe.org. It's designed for use by older kids, teens, and adults.
How Much Phe: The Maternal PKU Edition: Developed by PKU News Board Member Michelle Hobbs, RD, who has PKU and is a mother of two, this book is an essential guide to pre-conception and pregnancy wtih PKU, with sample menus, lists for increasing phe- and protein-intake and important tips on managing the struggles of a PKU pregnancy, including the risks of gestational diabetes and morning sickness. This is a wire-bound volume with twice as many pages as the smaller pocket guides.Order books Order copies for your clinic
You or your patients can request a HowMuchPhe.org demo account. This account requires approval and allows users access to most features on the site, but limited food data. This is a good way to try out the service, test tracking features, and get a feel for what is possible.
The screenshot on this page shows search results for "apple," with selected records "locked" because they are not part of the demo account.Request a Demo Account